• Admission to the grounds of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial is free of charge. The entry cards should be reserved on visit.auschwitz.org. For better understanding the history of Auschwitz we suggest a visit with an guide-educator
• The fees are charged for engaging a guide-educator. Visitors in groups are required to engage an Auschwitz Memorial guide.
• While on the grounds of the Museum, you are required to observe the appropriate solemnity and respect. Before the visit please read "the rules for visiting ".
• The grounds and buildings of the Auschwitz I and Auschwitz II-Birkenau camps are open to visitors. The duration of a visit is determined solely by the individual interests and needs of the visitors. As a minimum, however, at least three-and-a-half hours should be reserved.
• The maximum size of backpacks or handbags brought into the Museum does not exceed dimensions: 30x20x10 cm.
• Visitors may leave their luggage in paid luggage storage. The dimensions of the luggage storages expressed in centimeters are 90x50x22, 60x50x22 and 85x65x42, internal dimensions are: 90x50x30, 60x50x30 and 90x65x50, and their maximum load is 30 kg.
Taking pictures on the grounds of the State Museum Auschwitz-Birkenau in Oświęcim for own purposes, without use of a flash and stands, is allowed for exceptions of hall with the hair of Victims (block nr 4) and the basements of Block 11. Material may be used only in undertakings and projects that do not impugn or violate the good name of the Victims of Auschwitz Concentration Camp. Photography and filming on the Museum grounds for commercial purposes require prior approval by the Museum.
- Guides. Visitors in groups are required to engage an Auschwitz Memorial guide; individual visitors may also engage a guide-educator. For them we offer organized tours.
- Groups of more than 10 people are required to hire a headphone guiding system.
- Disabled. Because of the need to preserve the historical authenticity of the site of the Memorial it may be difficult for dissabled persons to move around the grounds and buildings. In order to help visitors with disabilities wheelchairs are available free of charge at the Visitor Service Centre. More information...
- It is not recommended that children under 14 visit the Memorial
While on the grounds of the Museum,
you are required to observe
the appropriate solemnity