We are looking for documents, photos, letters, memoirs…The Director of the Museum has appealed to the German and Austrian public to hand over documents, photos, personal letters or any other materials associated with the SS staff of the German Nazi Auschwitz-Birkenau camp. more
Over 2 million visitors at the Auschwitz Memorial in 20162 million 53 thousand people visited the site of the former German Nazi concentration and extermination camp Auschwitz and Auschwitz II-Birkenau in 2016. This is a record number in the history of the Memorial which will observe the 70th anniversary of its creation this year. more
The Council of Religious Community Leaders in Israel at the MemorialReligious leaders from Israel visited the site of the former German Nazi concentration and extermination camp Auschwitz on November 2. "We repudiate racism, fanaticism and extremism" - they wrote after the visit. more
„Lord, forgive us such cruelty”. Pope Francis at the Auschwitz Memorial.Pope Francis visited the former German Nazi Concentration and Extermination Camp Auschwitz-Birkenau. The visit took place in an atmosphere of prayerful silence. The Pope met a group of survivors as well as Poles, Righteous Among the Nations. more
There were no “Polish death camps”. There is a simple tool, to prevent this mistake from recurringA special application “Remember” is to help avoid the use of the term “Polish concentration camps” or “Polish death camps” in 16 languages. The program searches for a false phrase, underlines it and suggests the appropriate wording. more
The Auschwitz Memorial in Virtual Panoramic ImagesThe new virtual tour of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial includes over 200 high-quality panoramic photographs. The images present the site of the former camp, historical descriptions, witness accounts, archival documents and photographs, artworks and objects related to the history of the camp. more
- 72nd anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz
- “Awarness – Responsibility – Future” – call for papers for the International Education Conference on Auschwitz and the Holocaust
- Online lesson – “The fate of Soviet prisoners in Auschwitz”
- Training for Museum educators with the representatives of Amud Aish Memorial Centre
- Internet monitoring helps find errors, such as "Polish death camps"
- Meeting of the International Committee of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Foundation
- 31st session of the International Auschwitz Council
- To leave a trace of themselves. Online lesson about art at KL Auschwitz.
- Members of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Foundation Council visited the Auschwitz Memorial and Museum
- Good prospect for education at the Memorial. Prof. Piotr Gliński signed an agreement on the financing of the ICEAH HQ