73rd Anniversary of the Liberation of the German Nazi Auschwitz campOn 27 January 2018 more than 60 survivors met at the site of the Memorial to commemorate the 73rd anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz. more
There were no “Polish death camps”. There is a simple tool, to prevent this mistake from recurringA special application “Remember” is to help avoid the use of the term “Polish concentration camps” or “Polish death camps” in 16 languages. more
New international travelling exhibition on the history of Auschwitz opened in MadridAlmost 73 years after the liberation of the German Nazi concentration and extermination camp Auschwitz, its history and meaning is told in a new monographic travelling exhibition "Auschwitz. Not long ago. Not far away". It's the largest exhibition of that kind dedicated to the topic more
18 paintings by former Sonderkommando prisoner David Olère enriched the Collections of the Auschwitz MemorialThe Collections of the Auschwitz Memorial have been enriched with 18 paintings by David Olère, a French Jew of Polish descent, a member of the Sonnderkomando in German Auschwitz camp, who portrayed in his post-war works, the tragedy of people murdered in the gas chambers. more
The Auschwitz Memorial in Virtual Panoramic ImagesThe new virtual tour of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial includes over 200 high-quality panoramic photographs. The images present the site of the former camp, historical descriptions, witness accounts, archival documents and photographs, artworks and objects related to the history of the camp. more
SEE ALL EDITIONS OF THE MAGAZINE & SUBSCRIBE: MEMORIA.AUSCHWITZ.ORG
- A child's dress - a family memento of a former prisoner born in the camp - donated to the Museum Collections
- New preparation lesson for a visit to the Auschwitz Memorial
- Volkswagen’s gift to the Museum will help preserve Auschwitz for future generations
- “From the Heart of Hell”. Publication with manuscripts of Załmen Gradowski, a member of Sonderkommando at Auschwitz.
- Medical Review – Auschwitz: Medicine Behind the Barbed Wire. International conference.
- International Summer Academy 2018 - Call for Participants
- "What has happend to us?" Article by the Auschwitz Memorial director for the 73rd anniversary of liberation in European press
- Past nightmares continually resurface from oblivion. Auschwitz Memorial Report 2017
- 2,1 million visitors at the Memorial in 2017
- New online lesson "Extermination of Jews at KL Auschwitz"